Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Camp!!!!!

You haven't heard a lot from me in a few weeks because I've been working my way through the second build phase for IMTX while also having to use my brain a lot at work. This combination doesn't make using a computer at home very appealing! But now I'll make up for it in the next week, because I'm heading out to Hillary Biscay's epic Tucson tri camp and I intend to document it fully!

How much fun to see this on my training plan this week:

We're driving out to Tucson this morning - Coachie, Aixa, Linda, and Jeff. And Herb will be meeting us there for a week of smashfests that include 3 epic rides: Mt. Lemmon (longest continuous climb in the continental US), Gates Pass (Leanda Cave, Ironman World Champion, had a photoshoot on this route for Lava magazine), and Madera Canyon (includes the famous Shootout route). We'll do some trail running too, and the thing I'm most looking forward to - 100x100 in the pool! Yippie!

This is my second time to attend the camp and I am looking to see some big improvements over last year. I'm so excited! I'm sad that Shelly isn't joining me this year, but I'm psyched to get out there again and swim, bike, run (and make some new friends!) with some of the fastest AG athletes around. But for now, let's figure out how to pack 6 bikes in Coachie's Escalade before the 12-hour drive to Tucson.

2 comments:

Shelly Biehle said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait for the updates!!! Have tons of fun...I know I'll be bursting my brain here all alone at work. :( LOL!

Orissa said...

Can't wait to see the updates! You guys are going to have so much fun. :)